At our Saturday classes we work along the national curriculum as well as based on our many years of experience! In our classes we introduce our student to new foods/items focusing on a range of fruit and vegetables. Through working with Spring in Motions Nutritionist’s we are able to providing a more detailed knowledge on the vitamins, minerals and major food classes that exist and ensure each student can identify and work to create a balanced dish.
- We use the basic principles of a healthy and varied diet to prepare dishes
- understand seasonality, and know where and how a variety of ingredients are grown, reared, caught and processed
- Introduce some new foods/items focusing on a range of fruit and vegetables
- Understand the source, seasonality and characteristics of a broad range of ingredients.
- Encourage students to cook and enable them to make informed decisions about what they eat as well as develop vital life skills that enable them to feed themselves and others affordably and nutritiously, now and later in life.
The Bite Me Buds (5-7) 1 hr 30mins session – Here, our Buds are Introduced to new food items, such as fresh herbs, a range of fruit and vegetables; developing their concepts of healthy eating. We like to start early at the Bite Me Corner building confidence in the kitchen!
The Bite Me Crew (8-11) :1 hr 30mins session – Our Crew will enjoy a range of recipes for example making pizza with fresh herbs and a variety of cheeses! Oh and strawberry muffins and much more!
YBMC (12-15) 2hr session – At this stage the YBMC can understand and apply the principles of nutrition and health whilst developing diverse mix of dishes!
The BMC (16-18) 2hr session – Our BMC students will be able to develop their personal twist on a traditional dish e.g. Orange and apple pie! As well as creating dishes with only 3-6 ingredients to up the challenge!